To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the preschoolers and families, we have worked through a new arrival and dismissal procedure. We will be trying it out during the hour preschool visits and tweak from there. This is our current plan:
- Park on Burns or Worthington.
- Walk on the sidewalk that leads to the playground.
- Social distance on the sidewalk as needed until the gate is open.
- Once the gate is open, your family is permitted on the playground. Find a marked spot to stand.
- Sandy will then greet each family one at a time and do a health check on the preschool pal. If the pal is good to go, either Sandy, or the parents, (not exactly sure what will work best yet), will escort the child to the gate by his or her classroom door where a teacher will be waiting for them.
- After dropping off your preschool pal, please carefully exit through the same Burns gate, using social distancing as needed. (We are currently keeping the Grove entrance/exit gate, closed).
- A teacher will be posted at the Burns gate.
- When the teacher see you, they will release your preschooler into your care.
- Please social distance as needed.
- Also, please make sure to keep your preschooler on the school/church property. We are doing our best to be respectful of Mrs. Shoening, our next door neighbor.
- All caregivers dropping off/picking up will need to wear a mask, even though we are outside.
- Stuff-Try to keep your preschool pals water bottle, lunch box, jacket, etc., in one bag. Also, please make sure to label things as much as possible since we will not have your help this year figuring out what belongs to who.
- If you are running late, get the attention of one of the Top Dogs teachers, Kim or Sandy, and we will help your preschooler enter the building.
This is our current plan, and it is a flexible plan, so if we find it is not working, we will work to improve it. Thanks in advance for you help and patience. Even though things will be different this year, we are very happy to get the chance to meet in person again. :).