Six Days until Summer Camp Week Two-2016
A&HT Wyoming Preschool Summer Camp 2016
“Favorite Storybook Characters”
Week #2-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
August 1,2,4 & 5- 9:15 a.m. – 12:15 a.m.
We are looking forward to our week of camp coming up! The following is some important information for the upcoming week.
1. Arrival/Dismissal-We will follow the same arrival and dismissal procedures that we did for preschool.
2. Lunch-Please send your camper to camp with a lunch each day. Make sure to label the lunch with your child’s name and to include a drink. Also, make sure to send in items that are easy for your child to open, do not spill easily, and that are easy for them to eat. If at all possible, please leave the yogurt tubes, pudding cups, fruit cups and large drinks in containers that spill easily at home. If you are interested, the blog site has some other ideas about what to pack in a school lunch and what not to pack. Don’t forget to add a little “special treat” that your camper will eat after they have eaten the healthier items in their lunch.
3. Potty Program-We will be continuing the potty program that we used during school. While I know this can be inconvenient, it really helps cut down on a slew of visits to use the facilities. For the week of camp, each child who tries to use the restroom before camp in the school building will receive a sticker. At the end of the week, if the camper has accumulated four stickers, they will receive a “special prize”.
4. Potty Training-If your child is wearing diapers, or a pull-up to camp, or is having accidents lately, make sure to bring a bag with diapers, pull-ups, wipes and a change of clothes on their hook in the hallway.
5. Sunscreen/Bug Spray-If you would like your camper to wear sunscreen, or bug spray to camp, please apply prior to coming to camp. Camp leaders will not do the application at camp.
6. Clothing/Shoes-Have your camper wear comfortable clothes to camp, with minimal accessories. If possible, please leave the jewelry, headbands, hats, and watches at home. Also, please wear close-toed shoes. Crocs and tennis shoes work great!
7. Snack-We will be having a “cooking project snack” each day. Please talk to the camp leaders about any food restrictions or allergies.
Basic Schedule of Events
9:15-Arrival in Muscle Room
9:45-Introduction of Storybook character with a special focus on Fairy Tales
10:00-Art, Cooking Project & Learning Centers
10:30-Story and Science Guys
12:05-Closing in preschool room