“Cooking” ideas for preschoolers
“Cooking” together is great for social and emotional development and small motor skills. The following are some easy “cooking” activities you could do together for an afternoon snack.
- Bugs on a Log-Cut celery into long slices for the “log”. Add either peanut butter or cream cheese. Then put on the bugs, raisins or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Monkey Chips-Cut bananas into bite size pieces. Pour different kinds of Kool-aid mix onto a plate. Powdered Quik also works. Dip the bananas into the different flavors.
- Tinker Toy Snack-Use small pretzel sticks and cheese cubes. Stick the pretzel stick into the different cheese cubes and see what you can build.
- Pudding in a Cloud-Scoop out Cool Whip into a bowl. Fill with pudding.
- Windy City Pizzas-Start with an English muffin. Add pizza sauce, cheese and any other toppings you may like. Broil in the oven for about three minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Dirt Cake-Mash up two Oreos in a sandwich bag. Add to a pudding cup. Then put in a gummy worm.
- Sunshine Salad-Scoop yogurt or cottage cheese into a bowl. Add a pineapple ring. Sing “You Are My Sunshine” and eat!