“Cooking” together is great for social and emotional development and small motor skills. The following are some easy “cooking” activities you could do together for an afternoon snack.
- Bugs on a Log-Cut celery into long slices for the “log”. Add either peanut butter or cream cheese. Then put on the bugs, raisins or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Monkey Chips-Cut bananas into bite size pieces. Pour different kinds of Kool-aid mix onto a plate. Powdered Quik also works. Dip the bananas into the different flavors.
- Tinker Toy Snack-Use small pretzel sticks and cheese cubes. Stick the pretzel stick into the different cheese cubes and see what you can build.
- Pudding in a Cloud-Scoop out Cool Whip into a bowl. Fill with pudding.
- Windy City Pizzas-Start with an English muffin. Add pizza sauce, cheese and any other toppings you may like. Broil in the oven for about three minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Dirt Cake-Mash up two Oreos in a sandwich bag. Add to a pudding cup. Then put in a gummy worm.
- Sunshine Salad-Scoop yogurt or cottage cheese into a bowl. Add a pineapple ring. Sing “You Are My Sunshine” and eat!