Teaching the Parts of the Body
One of our preschool goals and objectives is to learn the parts of the body. Here a few ways to encourage this:
- Start by pointing to a part of your body, like your arms and say “arms”. Have your child point to their arms and say “arms”. Do this with the various parts of the body.
- Sing “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes”.
- Sing “If Your Happy and You Know It” changing the song to name body parts.
- Play “Simon Says” with an emphasis on naming the different body parts.
- Gather a baby doll or stuffed animal. Identify the body parts on it.
Bonus: Some preschoolers love learning about body parts. If you child is one of them, you can start exploring the inside of the body talking about the skeletal system, nervous system, etc. You can also look for books and puzzles that help explain the inside of the body.