Please note these important dates in the registration timeline:
Kindergarten Information Online Meeting – 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 4, 2021
Kindergarten In-Person Registration at Wyoming City Schools Central Office – March 15, 16 & 17, 2021
We are so happy your child is joining our school community! Below you will see the steps for enrolling your child in kindergarten. Please use this information to ensure your kindergarten registration is accurate and complete. To be eligible for enrollment, you must reside within the school district boundaries and demonstrate proof of residency as outlined. Only those students who have turned five (5) on or before September 30, 2021, are eligible for kindergarten in August 2021.
Three Important Steps for Kindergarten Registration
- Complete the Kindergarten Pre-Registration Electronic Form: The first step in the registration process is to complete the pre-registration electronic form indicating your preferences for the 2021-2022 school year. This information helps Wyoming Primary Schools plan for the upcoming school year. The form link can be found at the top of this page. Submission of this form will prioritize placement in your preferred program. Enrollment is dependent upon the receipt of the following during in-person registration: a completed online registration and all required documents and forms. (For participants in the all-day program, the deposit of $876 and the signed placement request/tuition agreement must also be received.)
- Complete Online Gateway Registration Forms: This link can be found at the top of this page. Your online registration must be completed before your in-person registration appointment on March 15th, 16th or 17th. You will have the opportunity to schedule your registration appointment at the end of the online registration.
- Kindergarten Registration Round-Up: Attend your registration appointment and bring the documentation as outlined below:
- Child’s birth certificate – How to obtain copy of child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Parental proof of identity (valid photo ID or passport)
- Proof of address/residency within Wyoming City School District*
- Court-ordered guardianship papers, if the student resides with someone other than a biological parent
- Custody agreement/court order, if parents are separated or divorced
- IEP (Individual Education Program) and/or 504 documentation, if applicable
*Proof of address/residency: Residency is determined by the following: being physically present in a household for significant periods of time; where important family activities take place each day, including sleeping, eating, working, relaxing and playing; where the parent receives mail or where the parent is registered to vote, if applicable. Proof of residency shall be required for all newly enrolled students and any student whose address changes. One document from Category A and one document from Category B below must be provided to prove address and residency:
- Homeowner Deed (or a printout from Hamilton County Auditor’s website)
- Mortgage Statement (dated within the previous 60 days and addressed to parent/guardian at the residence
- Settlement Sheet that provides the property address and the name(s) or the mortgagee(s)/property owner(s)
- Rental Agreement signed by both landlord and tenant with landlord’s contact information
- Parent Residency & Property Owner Affidavits with the required proof of residency documents for those who are living with another person or on a month-to-month lease agreement. Affidavits must be updated on an annual basis:
- Gas/Electric/Water Statement (not a cable bill) dated within the last 30 days
- Property Tax Statement dated within the last 12 months and addressed to parent/guardian at the residence
- Any piece of mail dated within the last 30 days from the federal, state or local government, such as Hamilton County Job & Family Services, Social Security Office, Child Support Enforcement Agency, etc.
For those with a home under purchase agreement or a home under construction:
A sworn statement to the Superintendent from the parent(s) who is planning to purchase or build a home and a statement from the real estate broker (a copy of the purchase contract) or home builder confirming approval of purchase or construction. Tuition-free attendance up to 90 calendar days may be granted with the permission of the Superintendent.