Weekly Round-up-January 21-25
Monday, the 21st
- MLKJ day-No classes
Tuesday, the 22nd
- Panda Bear Make-up class & Regular class schedule for VHC & VBS classes. (Please note: Wyoming Schools are closed today.)
Thursday, the 24th
- Regular class schedule
Friday, the 25th-Happy Birthday, Mrs. Kim!
- 8:45 a.m. – Preschool staff meeting
- Regular class schedule + field trip for MUC class
- Mixed-up Chameleons-Please bring 20 small items, in a labeled zip-loc, separate from your lunch, with you to school today.
- MUC field trip to the Wyoming Fine Arts Center is today. We will start walking over around 9:45. Remember to wear your school t-shirt!
Preschool Office News-
- We would like to welcome Claire Holdren to our Panda Bear class, and Eoghan Vallely and David Rankar to our VBS class. We are sorry to say good-by to Isabel and Coco Helfrich, Kailynn Sharp, and Karli Bates due to relocations.
- Don’t forget to register your kindergartener for next school year.
- Next week you will be getting your February tuition reminders in your child’s mailbox. Last one!
Mixed-up Chameleons News-(Kindergarten Preparation Class)- (Mrs. Sandy & Mrs. Mandy) Today we made bears with occupations, worked in centers, practiced for our community helper performance, and learned more about occupations. We also had a geography lesson and read our poem of the week “The Buckle Up News”.
Very Hungry Caterpillar and Very Busy Spider News: (Morning M.A.) -(Mrs. Sandy & Mrs. Mandy)- This week we are learning about the letter “O” for occupations. We pretended to be chefs and made “monkey chips”, which are sliced bananas dipped in Tang, Kool-Aid, or Quik. We pretended to be dentists and used toothbrushes to brush paint. We also were artists and participated in Q-tip painting. We did a preliminary sequencing evaluation, rote counting and practiced how to get ready for preschool. Our color this week is purple and we read the book Purplicious. We learned about MLKJ day, practiced our community helper songs, explored the neighborhood we created, listened to Mikey’s dad talk about selling steel, and Emilia’s mom, who works who is an Air Force nurse. Our number was 13, and by popular demand, our shape was a rhombus.
Friday Enrichment News-(Mrs. Susan)-(9:15-11:45)- We will be continuing our winter theme with our focus being on winter animals, in particular birds. The children will be making bird feeders. The letter of the week will be P. Remember to bring in those P objects!
Panda Bear News: (Mrs. Katrina & Mrs. Kim)- We are starting our feltboard story “Five Little Snowmen” and our movement exercise “Put Your Snow Clothes On.” Our story will be “My Cats Nick and Nora.” We are up to the letter O and the shape next week will be a square. We will introduce our music and movement song “The Silly Dance Contest” which is always a big hit.