Monday, the 9th
- Regular class schedule-“B” is for Bear kick-off
Tuesday, the 10th
- Regular class schedule
Thursday, the 12th
- Regular class schedule
- VHC and VBS please bring a Teddy Bear for our Teddy Bear Picnic! Please place the bear in the green basket outside of the classroom door on the way to the muscle room.
Friday, the 13th
- 8:45 a.m. – Staff meeting
- Regular classes for the Panda Bears, Mixed-up Chameleon (Kindergarten preparation) class, the Friday Enrichment class and Lunch with Mrs. Kim.
- Friday Enrichment bring something that starts with B.
- Please wear BLUE and bring something BLUE to school today Mixed-up Chameleons!
Preschool Office News: (Mrs. Cindy)-
- We are asking all parents who are concerned about bug bites, or sun exposure to make sure to spray bug spray/apply sunscreen to students prior to arriving at school.
- If you haven’t done so already, please bring in your child’s extra change of clothes and classroom supply.
- Just a reminder to pay up for Lunch with Mrs. Kim. It’s $5.00 per Friday if you sign-up for the month, and $7.00 per Friday if you pay per Friday.
- For Friday lunches, please remember to pack a drink and spoons.
- Scholastic September book orders are due next Friday.
Mixed-up Chameleons News: Today at school we learned LOTS of things about the color red! We played Duck, Duck, Goose for Gym and made Alphabet soup projects for art. We practiced writing an uppercase and lowercase B, our names, and made our first page for our “All About Me” books in writing workshop. In reading workshop, we read “Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom” and practiced recognizing letters and letter sounds as we put them on our Coconut tree.
Very Hungry Caterpillar and Very Busy Spider News: This week at school, we learned how to sit on the rainbow rug, and watch Mrs. Sandy’s pointer stick. We sang our “Welcome song”, which helps us learn our friends names, moved our bodies to the sound the slide whistle makes, and performed movement activities to the song “Good Morning” by Greg & Steve. We worked on learning that our month is September and the names of the days of the week. We also talked about the letter “A” being a vowel and making two sounds: a short A sound and a long A sound. We sang a song about the letter A and included the names of our friends whose names started with the letter A. We also guessed what was in Mrs. Sandy’s Superman backpack that started with the letter A. One day it was “Alphie, the Alligator” and the next day it was an apple! We learned more about our HOW I ACT plan and focused on Hulabaloo and Out of Order using our friends Maxwell, the Merry Moose and Robert, the rascally raccoon. We also talked about consequences to our choices and color cards and what they meant. We read two books about alphabet soup. We made alphabet soup together and learned about how to visit our preschool grocery store.
Panda Bear News: The two year old class had a very successful first full week. By Friday, the children were able to sit a full 15 minutes at circle time. Awesome! At circle time, we read the story “Hi, Pizza Man.” We did our fish felt board story where the kids practice 9 different colors and counting. We sang the song “Wheels on the Bus” and our “Hello” song. We did our fish finger play and played Simon Says. Did you know that the special helper gets to pick the first thing we do for Simon Says? Touching our heads is usually the most popular choice.
This week during art we played with playdough and we painted with shaving cream. The kids did a fabulous job walking down the hall in a line today. In the next couple of weeks you might hear them singing our hallway song, “Put your finger on the wall.” Lastly, the kids had a good time outside playing. It has been fun getting to know your children even better this week. They are a great group!
Friday Enrichment Class News This next week we will continue learning our routine and start our fall theme. The children have had two wonderful classes and we hope to continue through the whole year! Make sure to check out the wall by our room. We have our Finger Painting art project and our Family projects hanging up. Our letter for the week is B. Please have your child bring in an item that starts with the letter B for us to discuss in group time.