Weekly Round-up-February 10-18th, 2014
Monday, the 10th-Regular class schedule
Tuesday, the 11th–Regular class schedule and Pinkalicious & Redalicious day! Wear as much pink, or red as you can! Also, turn in your quilt square today!
Thursday, the 13th-Happy Birthday, Mrs. Cindy!
- Valentine’s Day classroom parties for Panda Bears from 9:15-11:30 a.m. – (children only). Please remember your valentines and Valentine collecting box today!
- Valentine’s Day classroom parties for Very Hungry Caterpillars from 9:15-11:30 a.m. – (children only). Please remember your valentines and Valentine collecting box today!
- Valentine’s Day classroom parties for Very Busy Spiders from 12:30–2:45 p.m. – (children only). Please remember your valentines and Valentine collecting box today!
- Family dessert/snack bar for Valentine’s day from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in the parish hall. Please bring a food item to share and a blanket to sit on.
- Turn in your quilt square by today.
Friday, the 14th-No School-President’s day Break and A perfect time to start reading for “Right to Read” weeks!
Monday, the 17th-No School-President’s day
Tuesday, the 18th –Regular class schedule and Right to Read weeks begin
Preschool Office News: Please remember to bring in any outstanding tuition payments and your Valentine’s day dessert to share on Thursday. Thanks!
Mixed-up Chameleons News-(Pre-K)-Today we made something sweet to make our breakfast toast a treat for Valentine’s day!
Very Hungry Caterpillar and Very Busy Spider News: (Mrs. Sandy & Mrs. Mandy)- We introduced the letter “Q”, and talked about when a “Q” begins a word, you will almost always see it with a “u” because they are “married”. We talked about quilts, and how you take lots of pieces and sew them together to make something greater. We used this as an analogy to our preschool pals and our classroom. We talked about how each preschool pal plays an important role in our classroom, and our class would not be the same without them! We also learned a Valentine’s day song called “Kisses, Hugs, & Dreams”, participated in a music and movement song called “Wave” with Valentines where we worked on learning our body parts and sharing, read Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day by Norman Bridwell, and worked on learning opposites, which many preschool pals have already been able to grasp this concept. We also worked a lot of assessing reading readiness skills, fine motor skills, and math skills this week.
Friday Enrichment News-We had some early Valentine’s Day fun this past week. The children worked on their scissor skills while making a mosaic heart and played a heart number matching game. This week there will be no class. When we return, our letter will be R and we will learn about our presidents.
Brown Bear/Polar Bear News: We will be wrapping up our Valentine’s Day fun. The children have been doing a great job with our heart matching game and with our sharing exercise. Sharing can be really difficult at this age and the kids are starting to get the hang of it. Ask your child about Pete the Cat and his Valentine fun. Our letter next week is P and our shape is a heart.