- Easter books-“The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes” by DuBose Heyward, “The Golden Egg Book” and “Runaway Bunny” by Margaret Wise Brown, “What Is Easter?” by Lillie James, “What Is Easter?” by Michelle Adams, “The Story of Easter” by Patricia Pingry and “Little Bunny Foo Foo” by various authors.
- Color Easter eggs-Hard boil eggs and color with a store bought dye kit. Don’t forget the vinegar!
- Have an Easter egg hunt-Fill plastic eggs with little toys, (Target has some good ones), and money for the older kids. Hide around the yard and collect in Easter baskets. Make sure to count how many eggs and sort into color groups. Keep the empty eggs to hide throughout the week.
- Easter Movies-“Peter Rabbit”, “The Dog Who Saved Easter”, “It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown”, and “Hop”
- Make Easter Basket Cupcakes-Make your favorite cupcakes in Easter liners. Frost with white icing. Dye some coconut green. Sprinkle on top of cupcake for Easter Grass. Add jellybeans for eggs. Use a long twirler for the handle.
- Play the song “The Bunny Hop”. Make a family Congo line and do the Bunny Hop!
- Play Peter Cottontail. Don a pair of rabbit ears, or make your own. Sing “Here Comes Peter Cottontail” and hop around. You can spread out eggs and collect them in a basket while singing, if desired.
- Stream your favorite Church Service.
- Easter Basket Ideas: Books, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, watering can, garden gloves, seeds, small herb plants, gardening tools, coloring books, crayons, colored pencils, scissors, stickers, construction paper, watercolor paints, play dough, slime, matchbox cars, hair accessories, jewelry, a swimsuit, goggles, water toys, sand toys, sand, magic sand, a bubble machine, pony beads, pipe cleaners, a ring toss, horseshoes, and a soccer ball.
We hope you all have a very happy Easter!